Proposed dedication of District owned lands to support future development of a Seniors Housing Complex
NOTICE OF PUBLIC INFORMATION & ENGAGEMENT MEETINGS
Regarding Proposed dedication of District owned lands to support future development of a Seniors Housing Complex
The District of Invermere is holding Information & Engagement Meetings on February 17, 2022, to seek public input on a proposal to dedicate municipal owned lands in the 600 & 700 blocks of 7th Avenue to help support the development of a new Seniors Housing Complex across from Pothole Park (see site map below).
Background: The Lake Windermere District Lions Club in collaboration with the Lakeview Manor Society have asked the District of Invermere to consider the proposed dedication of these lands to support construction of 60-70 residential units for seniors, in a building consisting of five storeys with potential retail commercial uses at the sidewalk level (see concept illustration below).
The public information and engagement meetings will take place as follows:
- Thursday, February 17, 2022 (from 12 noon to 8 pm)
- Columbia Valley Centre at 646 – 4th Street, Invermere, BC
- Presentations by representatives of the Lake Windermere District Lions Club
- and Lake View Manor Society will take place at: 12 noon, 3 pm, and 6 pm
- Please RSVP for a 45-minute time slot
- Take the survey here.
To RSVP, please contact:
- Cortney Pitts, tel: 250-342-9281 ext. 1232, email: email@example.com
Please RSVP to register for a time slot – this will help ensure maximum capacity limits of 100 attendees are followed. Health protocols will be in place to help ensure the safety of all attendees.
If you are unable to attend the session but would like to obtain background information, please contact:
Rory Hromadnik, Director of Development Services
- District of Invermere, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 250-342-9281 extension 1235
Andrew Young, MCIP, RPP, Chief Administrative Officer
- District of Invermere, Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 250-342-9281 extension 1225