Athalmer Neighbourhood Plan
Lake Windermere Public Lands
- Opinion poll asks residents “Do you support the purchase of the Resort Lands for $5,000,000?” 66% of voters support the concept
- Alternate Approval Process proceeds allowing taxpayers to indicate opposition to purchase proposal
- Council approves the Lake Windermere Resort Lands acquisition
- D.O.I. releases RFP for a detailed land use planning exercise for the Athalmer Neighbourhood, including the Resort Lands
- Consultant team undertakes review and background studies for the plan area
- Athalmer NP project website is launched
- Athalmer NP engagement survey launched in May 2020
- Project workshop held with Council, Administration and Consultant Team
- First virtual meeting of the Athalmer NP Community Discussion Group
- Online community engagement sessions to share draft concepts
- Consultant team will refine concepts based on feedback
- Engagement event to share preferred plan concept to community
- Refinement of preferred concept plan
- Final concept plan proceeds to Council for approval
Take the Public Engagement Survey
The District is looking for input from the community on the Athalmer Neighbourhood Plan which will be inclusive of concepts and direction for the Lake Windermere Public Lands.
A public survey has been created to gather input and confirm direction on established policy and goals for the plan.
We Want to Hear from You!
We are excited to announce our Public Engagement Survey is now open! The survey will run until June 8, 2020.
If you are unable to provide your response online, please contact the District for an alternate arrangement:
We look forward to engaging with you to define the future of Athalmer and access to the waterfront.
Lake Windermere Resort Lands purchased by the District of InvermereThe District of Invermere has secured a land full of opportunity for our community! The Lake Windermere Resort Lands have been purchased and the Athalmer Neighbourhood Plan is moving forward. [...]Read more
Lake Windermere Public Lands - Preliminary Concept
The Lake Windermere Resort Lands acquisition was approved by Council on April 23, 2019. The Resort Lands includes 27 parcels representing approximately 14 acres that border the lake.
A preliminary concept was shared with Invermere residents in Spring 2019 to provide information for the decision on the purchase of the resort lands. Following initial engagement, the Consultant team will prepare more detailed concepts to be shared with the community:
Preliminary concept goals include:
- Increased connectivity
- View corridors to lake
- Lakefront access and public uses
- Waterfront pathway
- New tourism commercial uses