NOTICE Water Main Extension Project Laneway behind the 300 Block West of 3rd Avenue March 28 to April 8, 2022
NOTICE TO BUSINESSES & RESIDENTS
Water Main Extension Project
Laneway behind the 300 Block West of 3rd Avenue,
(Between Cartwright & Laurier Streets)
March 28 to April 8, 2022
The District of Invermere will be installing a new 300mm (12”) water main between Laurier and Cartwright Streets under the laneway behind the 300 Block West of 3rd Avenue, in Athalmer. This work is scheduled to start on Monday, March 28, 2022, and is expected to be completed by Friday, April 8, 2022.
Installation of this section of new water main is required to support existing businesses and to support future development in Athalmer.
Fortunately, interruptions to the regular movement of Private Vehicles and Pedestrians in the area as a result of this work will be temporary. The District expects to complete the installation of the new water main within one to two weeks.
For nearby Businesses and Residents during the construction period, please take note of the following:
- Expect disruptions to motor vehicle movements in the laneway behind the 300 Block West of 3rd Avenue.
- Pedestrian access to businesses from the laneway may be interrupted for short periods. The District will endeavor to avoid and/or minimize those interruptions.
- Expect some disruptions to normal motor vehicle traffic movements along Laurier and Cartwright Streets, as well as 3rd Avenue from time to time.
- When heavy equipment is operating, please avoid the nearby area (if possible).
- Keep children and young adults safe and direct them to avoid the construction area.
The District of Invermere apologizes for any inconvenience this work may cause for local businesses and residents. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the District of Invermere by telephone 250-342-9281, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org